Sunday, January 28, 2007







Mike and I just got back from a magical two weeks in Europe. We moved fast and were able to see London, Paris, Barcelona, Venice, Florence, Pompeii, Rome and many towns on the Amalfi coast of Italy including the tiny island Capri. We’ve decided January is the perfect time to travel because there are no lines and cheap airfare! We also decided that when Mike e-commutes to work, and there isn’t children’s schooling to worry about we are moving to the Amalfi coast so Mike can fish for dinner and I can have a terraced garden of orange and lemon groves, basil, parsley, tomatoes (all the Italian essentials) and ride my Vespa into town for anything else we might need. A real shout-out to our parents who took turns watching Ava so we could enjoy ourselves abroad. Thank you so much! So the pics from top to bottom: Mike and I in a London phon booth (I spent many hours in one of those during our dating days), enjoying the ambiance of the Eiffel Tower, checking our view of the Duomo from Piazzale Michaelangelo in Florence, wandering the streets of Venice, having a romantic moment in a covered gazebo near Marie Antoinette's estate in Versaille, enjoying a private boat tour from a new-found Caprician friend, one of the many beautiful coastlines on the Amalfi Coast, and exploring the ruins of Pompeii.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Love the pictures and thank you for the great postcards. Bet Ava was glad to see her mama and daddy get home. Oh, and Happy Birthday Christina. Love ya Granny Jet XXXOOO

Anonymous said...

These pictures are awesome! Christina, who is that Italian standing next to you? :)

Anonymous said...

Your grandma just told me how to reach your blog, and I love it! Can you put me on the list so I can receive your updates?? Ava is beautiful and looks just a little like her daddy! Congrats on baby boy that is coming and also your new home. Don't forget you are always welcome in N.Calif! Love you! Aunt Barbara

Anonymous said...

Have you guys ever visited thesorensenfamily.blogspot.com? We just did on accident--it's pretty scary! You'll have to check it out!
--Jenn and Ben :)