Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Fourth in Philly

Sadly, there are no pictures, but Mike and I spent the fourth in Philadelphia looking for housing. Grandma and Grandpa Autrey watched the kids so we could be productive. Are we ever grateful! We spent long hours on the road with our Garmin, and Mike's Sprint card in tow, researching and visiting the Art Museum Area and Suburbs. It was a pretty tough hunt, but luckily on the last day we ran into something that I think will be a great fit for our family. It was highly sought after, so Mike and I bidded over the asking price (we are renting) and feel blessed to have been chosen as the new tenants! It's an adorable brick home in the suburbs with a big back yard, 3 bedrooms, finished basement, renovated kitchen, and my favorite... (drum roll please) a tiled SUN ROOM!!!! We won't be in Philly for the summer because of Mike's internship, so having a place for the kids to roll around on their bikes while the ground outside is covered in snow gets me ridiculously excited. Oh! and the kitchen!!! Lots of counter space compared to all the old early-mid century homes that we saw.

We were also able to visit the ward and I was so impressed with the members, as well as the planned play groups and summer socials. Can we move now??? If you can tell, I'm kinda anxious to be done with the packing/transition phase. Ten more days until the move! AHHHH!

6 comments:

Mrs. Ordinary said...

Good luck with the move. We sure miss you guys!

Beehive State Builders said...

I CAN wait! We will miss you guys too much! I'm glad we'll still keep in touch through blogs, but we will miss your cute face and darling kids on Sundays (and at playgroup :( ). Good luck with everything! You really will be missed!

Ryan and Aubrey said...

That is so exciting that you are moving to Philadelphia! We actually talked about going to Philadelphia around the Fourth, but we ended up doing something else. Welcome to the East Coast! We will have to get together sometime! We are about three or four hours from Philly between New York and Boston. We would love to see you!

Carina said...

I am so glad that you found a place to live that you love! I am so sad though that you are moving. If you find any extra time between now and moving day let me know, I'd love to get together. And definitely call us for moving help!

Jenn said...

CONGRATULATIONS! It sounds perfect, and I'm so glad it worked out for you! I can't believe you had to bid on a rental -- that's crazy. Moving is so stressful, but it's good to at least know you'll be going to a great place. I can't wait to see it. We're still getting things organized and figured out in our home. At least I think the unpacking/organizing is the fun part of moving. We're loving the extra space and the new area. We'll have to talk when you get time. Good luck with the next few weeks! Love ya!
GRIFF

Kev and Chels said...

hey Christina,

This is Chelsey (Powers) Gertsch from the old BDA ward! I'm sorry for blogstalking you! But you have a beautiful family and I'm excited to hear you're moving to Philly! That's where Karisa, Joy and I grew up. Karisa's Dad even taught at Wharton (sp?) while we were growing up but after he left to be mission pres they didn't take him back. Anyhow, good luck! We love it there! What ward are you going to be in? I grew up in the Jarrettown Ward, which is probably a bit far out from where you'll be but there are so many different wonderful areas there!