Saturday, August 02, 2008

Rules of Princesshood

Ava is learning a lot about princesses. If you happen to ask, she will tell you that she is one.
Here are some of her princess guidelines:

1. A princess must wear a dress. Besides church dresses these are far and few between at our house, so if you see her wearing a nightgown during the day, or the same yellow cotton dress 3 days out of the week, you now understand what is going on.

2. A princess needs a prince. Lucky for us, we have a live-in, full time prince. Ezra now responds to "princey."

3. A princess is often in need of help. When Ava gets out of the car lately she'll say, "Mom, come help me! Princesses always need help!" I try to convince her that princesses are tough, assertive and independent, but she hasn't quite caught on yet.

4. A princess wears her hair straight. This means she does not wear pony tails, pig tails or braids. She'll often say, "Thanks for wearing your hair straight," to me, or, "I like it when you're hair's straight. Take that out!" I inform her that I am a woman (she's the "big girl") and get to make hair decisions all on my own now. Doesn't Belle wear her hair back often? Maybe we need to purchase Beauty and the Beast so I can convince her to do something with her lovely little wisps.

5. A princess lives in a musical. Singing, dancing- you name it we've got it!

9 comments:

Beehive State Builders said...

That's too cute! I love it! Sounds like a little 3-year-old at my house. And yes, Mason understands that he is the Prince at all times, and McKinley needs LOTS of rescuing (we can thank Disney for instilling the 'Damsel In Distress' philosphy in our little princesses :). I am so sorry that I missed your goodbye breakfast, we were in Bear Lake for the week. We miss you! Hope all is well!

Jenn said...

So cute! I can only imagine what it would be like to talk about girly things all day instead of cars, trucks, Lightning McQueen, and my favorite: poop and "toots!" Yeah, your life is probably a little more balanced with a boy and a girl in the house. Too bad Ez is too young to defend himself yet!
We'll have to talk sometime when you guys get settled.

Alecia said...

How sweet! We are going to miss you guys so much. Hope Mike is surviving in Philly by himself.

Loralee said...

cute cute cute!

Burnhams said...

haha. I love this post! so cute!

Baumgartners said...

Hey Christina,
We hope you are enjoying Philly. I just wanted to tell you that today Ty and I were walking by your house and he asked, "where's Ava?" I told him that she moved to a different house far, far away. He asked again, "But where?". Again I said very far away. He asked, "Can we go there and see her?" When I told him we couldn't today, he was dissappointed. We all miss you!
Julie

Matt, Kistine, and Alexa Uffens said...

Christina,
I am putting together a list of addresses for Christmas cards. Can I get yours? Thanks!
Kistine Uffens You can email it to:
kistineperkins@hotmail.com

Shelley said...

She's quite perceptive, isn't she? I can't wait to get our princesses together again soon!

Jared & Larisa said...

Hey Christina! This is larisa, Liz's sister. I promise I don't usually blog-stalk, but when I saw your link on her blog I wanted to say hi :) You guys look great and your kids are so adorable!! Congrats to Mike, you guys must be so excited. Take care.