Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Enjoying Boston

We've been here three weeks now. My big body did great unpacking and getting the house put together in mostly a week! I'm still working on all the office-details of moving and a new school year, there's always an address change I seemed to overlook, finding a library for the kids, organizing dance classes for Ava Tumble Time for Ez, Joy School prep for Ava, insurance and doctors for everyone... But we are happy! Here are some peeks into our life in Boston so far.


LABOR DAY- We headed into the city for an introduction to Public Garden and Boston Common. The kids loved running around all the fountains, and I loved remembering my study abroad in London and all the beautiful parks they have there!


Poor Ava was a little grumpy on the swan ride. As soon as we hopped on she needed an emergency bathroom break, but mean mom made her wait until she got off. I distracted her by looking at all the ducks we were passing diving into the water, or swimmig around with their tails in the air looking for food.


After only a few days here, we needed an outing, so we had a family field trip down to daddy's school to look around. We even took the bus, just like daddy does every day. I think that has been Ezra's favorite Boston event. He keeps asking to see the picture with him and daddy on the bus.


This is what my California kids think cold Boston rain is for- an opportunity to get in your swim gear and get wet! It didn't last as long as they thought it would. A little colder than our last climate.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow! You are just all over the place! One coast to the next!

Mark & Bek said...

Cute shirt Beans, and hair. Glam. Also, I love that Ezra likes to look at the picture of him and Daddy on the train. That is so cute.

Amber said...

Boston?! Did Mike transfer to Harvard?!

Oh, it looks like you guys are having a great time adjusting to your new city!

The Sorensens said...

Yeah, kind of. Mike is doing a joint degree and getting his MPA here at Harvard. We'll be back to Philly to finish the MBA probably Jan 2011.

Ashlee said...

You have such great adventures! I love the pictures, you look fabulous with your little prego bump. I hope Boston treats you well!