One of the things I love the very most about living back east are how many of these you can find around. I love farms!!! I love their yummy fresh produce. Farmer's Market food is ten times more delicious than grocery store produce. My tummy gets happy just thinking about it.
This particular farm is only five minutes away. The whole family went with Ava's Joy School group on a field trip. Ava got to gather an egg from the hen house, we all got to pick beans from the field and go pumpkin picking! I kept telling Mike how much fun I had and how I wish we'd chosen to be farmers instead of students. :o) He just laughed and said he'd give me one full day of work and I'd change my mind. I'm sure he's probably right.
Sweet Ava in the coup.
Child labor...but they all seem to be enjoying it. Ezra started eating them raw. I'll admit I had a taste and loved it. Even Mike thought that off the vine from Sergi Farm was better than anything I could do in my kitchen with grocery store beans.
The perfect find. It tasted delicious last night.
6 comments:
Looks fun! Sounds like we're doing the same class and we're loving it! I love the ideas and new ways of looking at things described in the lesson, new to me anyways! It makes me wish I could have double-majored in Elem. Ed!
Farms are such a novelty being from Las Vegas! I can't get enough, looks like you guys had fun!
I've been meaning to get in contact with you for a while. How are you doing? I talked to Shelley the other day and she said you had your baby, or you are about to. Just looking at your pictures you have got to be the cutest pregnant person I know! I hope everything is going well with you. Give me a call if you get a chance. 801-856-7210. I got a new phone and lost your number.
Oh my goodness that looks like so much fun! When we end up living by each other we'll have to invest in a tiny farm... also known as a garden :) ... that we can share. And then when our kids have to help us work in it they'll be excited to do so because they'll get to see their cousins!
GRANDMA PAULA IS SOOOO JEALOUS!!!
The farm looks soooo FUN!
I have such happy memories of doing Joy School with my kids!
Wish I could BE WITH YOU THERE!!!
Only three weeks to go and I'll get to come play!
Love,
Grandma Paula
looks like you guys are having fun! congrats on your new little guy! i can't wait to meet him!!!!
Post a Comment