Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas Quotes

Ava (after opening up a necklace from her brother Ez, and while giving him the hug of a lifetime): You are the best brother....EVER!

Ez (while opening a present): It's a box... FOR ME!!!

Ava (thoughtfully, while looking around at our 11 Sorensen family guests): This house is full, but there's still room in our inn.

3 comments:

KevandChels said...

STill room in our inn? HOw sweet and thoughtful is that?!!

6lasdiablitas said...

Thats hilarious! What cute kids you have, seriously I miss them.

Paula Wood said...

THAT COMMENT WAS SOOOO CUTE!!!

Reminded me of when Jess and Bek were playing nativity when they were SOOOO little and Jess (5) who was Mary and said to Bekah (7) who was Joseph, "Joseph, I have news for you." Bekah inquired (as Joseph), "What is it, Mary?"

Jessica (Mary): "Joseph, I am with child."

Bekah (Joseph): "Mary, this is NOT GOOD NEWS!"

I still remember the emotional responses I had simultaneously--one the sacredness to me that these children had realized at such a young age, the seriousness of the human elements of this Christmas story AND the humor in the way it was expressed!

Each year, as I look at my nativities, I think of the elements of the nativity story AND the memories I have of lessons I have learned while watching my children...

THANKS for always having room for US in your "INN!"

Love,
Grandma Paula