Sunday, March 07, 2010

Counting our January Blessings...

January always seems long to me, so here's a few snaps of our brightest January spots (besides baby Mark, which is a given):


Mark Quayle (as the children always refer to him because there are so many Marks in our family) doesn't like chocolate. I like dessert. Mostly desserts with chocolate, so I took the opportunity to expand my horizons and explore new recipes. This one is a keeper. Pumpkin Spice donuts. YUM. Go here for the recipe.

An at-home date night with my Lovey. We decided to cook together steak-house style. Everything was delicious from the steak, to the blue cheese sauteed spinach and crab potatoes. Delish. The best part of course was creating something fun with Mike and enjoying it together.

Gunny Bag!! Those of you who don't have a Gunny Bag should get one! We were introduced to Gunny Bag through the Joy School carriculum. The idea is that Gunny Bag eats up all the toys left out and keeps them in his tummy. At our house it's not the threat of losing toys that's the motivator. The incentive at our house is that if there are no toys to eat he eats girls and boys. And gives them a ride around the house until he's too tired and spits them back out onto the floor. Whatever works!!!

4 comments:

Super Angie said...

We had a gunny sack too!!!! We were terrified of it. :)

Paula Wood said...

THAT STORY about the gunny bag was SOOOO cute and the picture made me laugh and laugh!!!

Love,
Grandma Paula

The dinner looked DELICIOUS!!!!

Ry, Shell, Maxwell and Henry said...

So cute, I love the pic of Ava and Ez smashed into a pillow case.

Mark & Bek said...

Can you send me one of your donuts? They look delicious and I am too tired to make them.

Your house is beautiful. I hope we can see it soon.