Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Paintings





They're done!!! And hanging. It took a professional in construction management to get them hung straight (thank you very much Ryan S.), but they look great. When taking pictures to show them off, I had a hard time getting the right lighting. The morning light is too cold, and in the evening the bulb and can lights cast a yellow sheen on everything. I used the morning light pictures, but the image lost some of the warmth the paintings actually do have. The bottom picture is Ava and our neighbor, Ty, making cookies and covering their ears because the mixer is so loud. I thought you might be able to see a little more of the warmth I am talking about in that image. The top picture shows some of the texture; the third image down allows you to notice the flower image curving around the edge of the canvas. It'll be fun to tote these through life with us! Thanks once again Ashlee for letting me take over your studio, paints and brushes!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! They turned out so beautiful! You are so amazing, Christina! A real inspiration! Nice work!

Ashlee said...

Christina, wow, they look so great!!! I am very impressed by your painting skills. Great example you are to us all. Look great in your house.

Carina said...

That painting is amazing! You are very talented! We should get together sometime.

Amber said...

All I can say is LOVE IT!

Great paintings.. really great!

Jenn said...

I'm super impressed! You're just crafty and artistic all-around. It's nice when your talents produce such beautiful things that fit so well with your home. I love it! Also, I'm in love with Ez's cute little grin. Looks like fun!

Shelley said...

Sweet Beans! Amazing! Your dining area looks awesome! I totally know what you're saying about the lighting too. I have the hardest time getting things like that figured out. Pictures of my home always look worse.

The Peterson Family said...

SHUT UP! You MADE Those!?!?!? Are you for hire? You remember that baby blanket you made for Abby with all the cute stitching? Well we still use it regularly! That's how much we love it and how awesome you are at artsy crafties! :)

a.k.a. Jack said...

Those are really pretty Christina! I'm impressed. Looks like painting is your thing. Keep it up.

Baumgartners said...

I just saw a link to your blog while I was checking out Alecia and Ryans. As I was scrolling down, I was surprised to see my own son in one of the pics! How funny! Your paintings really are awesome by the way!
Julie