Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Happy Easter





Carole and Dennis went all out giving us an Easter to remember. I think it has something to do with trying to convince us to move back after business school. :o) We love living by you guys! Anyway, the day started out with Easter baskets, a dress for Ava, some trucks for Ez, then church and dinner at the Autrey's! Grandpa and Grandma had an egg hunt, baskets for the grandkids, a delicious dinner, and a bunny cake!!! Ava LOVED the egg hunt. Wish I had gotten better footage of it, but cinematography is not my gift. Brooke and Dana, you'd better send me some of your cute pictures if you guys are reading this!!!

With Easter approaching, Mike and I have been using Family Home Evenings the last several weeks to teach about Jesus. One week was about his birth, one about his miracles, one about his parables, and one about the atonement and resurrection. I've also been making an effort to read any of our books about Jesus with her during the week. About a week and a half before Easter Ava came up to me and said, "Jesus died so we can get our bodies back." I was blown away, and so grateful that my two year old little girl was catching on to one of the most important concepts the gospel teaches, and put them in her own words. Yes, Ava, Jesus did die so that we could have our bodies back, and also so that we can live with Heavenly Father again.

Ava has also been saying prayers own her own really well. One day I found out that one of my cousins was expecting a baby and they asked to keep her in her prayers. "Do you want to say a prayer with me for Beautiful Bride X (we will let her remain annonymous until the announcement has been publicly made) and her baby in her tummy?" "YEAH!" So, I pray that the mom will be strong and feel well and be able to provide for her baby and accomplish all that she needs to academically and close the prayer. I realized I hadn't actually mentioned the baby, but figured I could include it in the next one. Ava, who was listening carefully said as soon as I closed, "MOM, YOU FORGOT THE BABY!" Can't get away with anything with this one. She also makes sure we include a thank you in our prayers for our bodies, the sun, our day and that we'll get into the right school. If we forget, it's instant tears, and we're talking to our Heavenly Father again.

5 comments:

Alecia said...

Wow fun Easter! That cake would bribe me to stay! :)

Amber said...

Smart girl you have there!

Happy belated Easter!

Melanie said...

Ava has such a good mommy and a good daddy, teaching her all the important stuff...and she's actually getting it! Little smarty pants!

Business school? Are you on the move again?

The Fails Family said...

what an incredible little girl! you are blessed.

are y'all heading off to school?

Terri Lindsay said...

It's always the woman that do all the blogging, so you don't know me but I know your husband Mike. You and I did meet once years ago. so, either you or Mike know the Hobbs family. I am friends with Anndalyn Cheny Hobbs.That is were I saw the name Sorensen. I know Mike from Sea Treak. It is kind of crazy who you will find in this small blogging world. Be sure to tell Mike I say hi (Terri Potter), and to go see my blog.
Terri Ann