Monday, June 23, 2008

Jess and Danny's Wedding





Aren't they lovely? They are such a handsome couple and had a beautiful day. I am mixing pictures from all the events here: wedding, and the Woodburry open house.

First of all, look at my Ezra. What a handsome handsome little man he is becoming. Secondly, the bride and groom had a wonderful day, a beautiful ceremony, were serene and perfect little love birds. Weddings are always so much fun.

And thirdly, I'm just glad I made it. Short version of the story- Mike was at a work retreat and planned on meeting me there. I packed the car the night before, and was off kids all buckled up and hit the road at 8am. Around 9 Ava is screaming that her ear hurts and is crying and crying. I then get a call from Mike saying he thinks he left his temple recommend (needed to attend the ceremony) at home. I drive back up to Ava's dr in South Jordan to get a prescription for her earache, scour the house for the recommend, pick up the prescription, end up finding Mike's recommend in his car at his work, and hit the road once again at noon. My poor kids had only been out of the car for a half hour in those four hours and had six more to go. Amazingly, they were angels, and besides a three hour night of sleep (Ez isn't used to sharing a room, and I finally got him to sleep at 3am when I put his pack and play in the bathroom with the fan on), and Ava passing out at the reception, things went pretty well for our little family on that day. We were just glad Mike made it safe from Lake Powell. Poor guy said he was smacking himself to stay awake, and had to take a few snoozes on the side of the road to make it.

2 comments:

Jes said...

Hey guys, I had fun checking out your blog today. It's very cute & I love the pictures!

Feel free to check ours out too.
j-autrey.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Holy cow Beans, I love that picture of me with Ava and Ellie! I totally stole it and have it as my background at work right now.

p.s. how am I ever going to live up to the cuteness of your kids?