Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ezra's New Phrases/Words:

I Love you!!!
I'm hungry
I'm a mess
Thank you!
Squirrel
pumpkin (applied to any seasonal decoration including snowman)
colors (for coloring-he's drawn a nice arch in crayon on the carpet about six inches long)


Ava Funny Stories:

STORY #1
We're in the basement throwing a 2 foot ball back and forth to each other. Ava ACTUALLY catches the ball-it's gargantuan for someone her size.

C: (smiling and clapping) Ava! I'm so proud of you!
A: Are you impressed?
C: I am!
A: Are you a button?

If I can be im-pressed, I must be a button! Isn't that what you do with buttons? Press them?

STORY #2
About a month ago I read a Christmas book to Ava that has an illustration of Santa flying by in his sleigh peeking in at some sleeping children. Occassionally she'll ask if Santa is going to peek in on her tonight.

A few nights ago I'm helping Ava go to sleep by walking her through different ways to help herself relax. We talk about counting, focusing on deep breathing and the way it feels when your chest goes up and down, thinking about how warm and cozy bed is, and praying.

When I mention praying Ava starts to giggle and asks, "Do you think Santa is chasing Heavenly Father around up there?"

5 comments:

Liz, Nate, Sydney, Holly said...

Your kids are so wonderful. That story about the button - what a mind Ava has! That's clever. And Ezra...the little phrases they say are so cute. One of my most favorite things Holly is saying lately is "Puzz-ies" (with an impish little smile) as she pets the back of Nate's head where his head is "fuzzy". Awesome.

Bekah said...

cute cute cute. I especially love the last story. I think anyone who reads it gets a funny picture in their head.

Jes said...

This is awesome, we cracked up at Ava's cute stories. It makes me want to be better about recording things like this that my kids do.

It seems like you guys are doing good there, I hope all is well!

Jenn said...

I wonder if Heavenly Father is on the naughty or nice list. Okay, I don't wonder, but that's a great story! Keep 'em comin'!

Brittany said...

Cute post! Here's the link I think you were looking for. I'm hoping he'll come out with a new line soon. http://joeldewberry.com/