
Disclaimer- This is not us although it very easily could have been. Please read below to find out!
This move was our most adventurous yet. We’ve moved lots, and have been really blessed with furniture staying together, finding our new homes, quick truck packings and emptying. This move was not about efficiency, rather all about adventure.
Usually I can pack the entire house in a week, no problems. This time, being pregnant and having two very capable trouble makers I gave myself two weeks. Regardless of the extra time I would not have met the deadline without my friends: Jennie, Linda, Rachel (all three of you Rachels), Angie and Shari. They watched kids, brought a meal, brought boxes and helped me fill them. I have never had someone come help me actually pack boxes, but let me tell you with these girls, it was the way to go. They really made our move possible. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!
My 36 hours before arriving out west consisted of: packing, fevers, vomiting, emergency doctor appointments too expensive, try again tomorrow at the regular doctor, more packing, OB dr. appointment, pharmacist visit, sending Mike home to get another bag to shuffle our stuff into to avoid major luggage fees, children running around like crazy while I re-sort and pile our clothes and household items spread over the airport, flight one with only minor behavior issues, taught Ez to kick down instead of straight forward and into the back of the seat, lay-over, dinner, 125+ pounds of luggage draped on my shoulders, arms back and double stroller, Ez pulls the stroller on himself, hits his head on the wall, bites his tongue and bleeds, Ava climbs all over the chairs while Ez runs up and down the terminal trying to catch whatever flight is next, SCREAMING from both children for the first 20 minutes of flight two, Ava is handed over to a lady who has a window seat and puts her to sleep holding Ava's head on her lap for the entire flight, Ezra finally falls asleep, the captain helps me carry my carseat to the open arms of Carole and Dennis. I made it, and got a three hour nap the next day to help my recovery process.
Mike had his own shares of adventure packing the truck (the first 45 min. of the scheduled move nobody came and he was trying to come up with a back up plan-where do you find cheap labor at 7 at night day of?), taking down hardware (couldn’t get the electric drill to work), police visits (our neighbor was upset that he’d parked the car carrier in front of her house at the top of the hill where it wouldn’t roll into the busy intersection below), sleeping on the floor with just a blanket and forgetting to turn on the heat, and going under a few 9’3” stone bridges with a 12’ Uhaul. Talk about MIRACLES! Mike showed up late to the storage unit, but thanks to Ben and Jenn we had a unit to unpack in.
My take-away from the experience. We live in a good world!!! I had so much help with the kids in the airport despite all my crazy experiences. Someone was always watching Ava while I chased after Ezra, people being patient with my screaming kids, the lady taking Ava on the plane, the captain carrying my carseat- people are helpful and patient. Their attitude made my experience easier. And hello? All the friends previously mentioned, Benn and Jenn, our families for taking such good care of us once we got there. Life's not bad.
8 comments:
Oh Christina! You're scaring me! I'm taking Rex to Ohio all by myself next week and I was already anxious about making the trip when I read your post! I'm hoping there will be some polite/helpful/understanding people on my flight because I'm sure he'll be a handful. Glad you made it safely and in one piece. Go get a massage, you deserve it!
hold up, where do you guys move to?
OH! We are living in LA for the summer. Studio City! Close to my sis Bekah and Jess this summer. Mike is doing his summer internship with Disney. We'll be here until late August and then move to Boston.
Oh man! What an adventure! I can't believe all that happened in the same year let alone the same 2 weeks! Sheesh! All while pregnant.. bless your heart!
Oh, how fun to be in LA again! And glad you made it!
I'm soo excited for baby Sorensen #3!
Holy Cow! I just got a little bit of anxiety reading this. I feel like it's drama moving without kids- if I only knew, right? But you made it- congrats!
I'm tired just reading your blog. I hate moving.
I'm a little late, but congrats on the baby! And surviving the move. Moving while pregnant is not fun! This move has taken me at least twice (maybe more like three times) as long to pack, unpack and get settled.
I can't believe you guys are moving so much, especially while you are pregnant! You poor thing. I wish I were there so I could help you! Miss you tons, wish you would end up back here:) Your kids are so grown up I can't believe it. They are so cute!
Post a Comment