Sunday, September 12, 2010

Why Do I Follow Jesus Christ?

I feel that between Ava's sweet description of Jesus a few posts down, and Ezra's singing, "I belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know who I am, I know God's plan, I'll follow Him in faith..." I wanted to share a heartfelt thought about my Savior too.

I was doing my scripture study a few nights ago and came across a question in a guide book I am using as I read. "Why do you choose to follow Jesus Christ?" It was late and I was tired but I want to share the thoughts that I jotted down, my first impressions.

First of all, I follow Jesus Christ because he is real. Very real. I know that He is the son of God, that he loves and cares about me, that he atoned for my sins. How can I not follow him? He blesses me daily. His big picture plan for my family is intricate and beautiful and perfect and I am grateful every day for it as I watch it unfold. I follow Jesus Christ because he protects me and my family. He gives us guidelines which keep us safe from the baseness of the world. He has lent us health and strength, for which I am grateful, knowing it is a gift He has given and we may one day not have, but will love Him regardless. I follow Jesus Christ because it makes me happy. He gives me perspective. He helps me find joy as I serve my family and others. I am grateful for his example and sacrifice and I love learning about him as I study my scriptures and the words of our modern day prophets. I hope I can follow him enough, be enough. It's a good thing I've got time to work on it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - Love you Granny Jet

Vickie said...

I know you can 'be enough' because I've seen you in action. And the best part is that He makes up for it when we can't.
Great post!

Paula Wood said...

You INSPIRE ME!

THANKS!

I LOVE YOU,

MOM

Paula Wood said...

PS. WHICH IS REALLY NOT A PS!!!

I LOVE HIM TOO!

I APPRECIATE HIM TOO!

I SEE HIM IN MY EVERY DAY TOO!

Love,
MOM

Mark & Bek said...

I love you Beans. You are such a good big sis. The video of Ezra is so cute. I've watched it like ten times.

Joy and Ted said...

Thanks for inspiring me Christina. Your testimony strengthened mine. And by the way, where are you guys living now? I'm kind of confused. :) Your family is adorable!

familyof4 said...

This was Beautiful. Thanks Christina!

Nancy and Spencer said...

Amen! :)
--Nancy

Carina said...

Just what I needed today! I miss you and your sweet family, I can't believe how big your kids are. I'm glad to see everything seems to be going good for you guys :)