Friday, September 09, 2011

Growing Up

Besides Kindergarten, Ava is growing up in many ways. This summer she lost her first tooth. She was so excited to have the tooth fairy bring her "six monies" all adding up to a dollar.



She has also learned to rinse off the dishes. She is really proud about this job and really good at it. I am proud of her too.

That is not her only talent in the kitchen. Yesterday she made the whole family lunch. She'd had black bean cheese burritos at a friend's house and besides opening the can, she did everything herself. She smashed the beans a little bit and asked how we wanted the tortilla, "Folded in half or burrito style?" She was so proud, when she got home from school, she wrote down the recipe. We copied one for her teacher.


Ava has also been a flower girl. When telling her what a good job she did walking down the aisle, she said, "Did you see me stop? I was thinking about running away!" I'm glad she decided to stick around!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Aw, what an adorable picture of Ava in that pretty dress! And she looks so cute on the bus too.

I hope things get better with school and with Ezra's laps :) I'm sure they will! Your kids really are good kids. Henry wanted to talk to Ava on the phone and tried calling yesterday. He was telling Uncle Dan all about Ava, his friend Ava -- and he gave the long version of the story. "Well, it all started when we first met, which was when they lived in Pennsylvania the first time . . ."

I can't believe you're still dealing with Ezra biting! It's good to know that laps seem to work. I'm actually afraid Ellis is headed down a similar track (maybe a 2nd child thing?) - so it's good to know you'll be there figuring it all out before me so you can tell me what to do! I loved your idea about puppies sleeping outside! Puppies at our house (who can't stay in big boy beds and who can't stop barking) end up in the puppy place in the basement. It's totally working. You're a genius! I'm sure your kids (and your primary) will turn out AMAZING because of it!

Paula Wood said...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get me a way to make a copy of that picture of Ava in her bridesmaid dress in the grass!

It is one of the MOST BEAUTIFUL pictures of a child I have ever seen!!!

She truly IS GROWING UP TOO FAST!

Maybe we need to have Grandma Paula find a children's cookbook for her!

Love,
Grandma Paula