Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Poem for Mom

Ava Lily has been writing poems for about a year now. It's pretty amazing, since she is only six. Here is one dedicated with love to me!

To Mom
I love you my lovey bug
With a kiss and a hug
With a note I'll share my love
With you my lovey bug

"Mom, whenever you get frustrated you can read this poem or think about it!" Ava says. She really is such a sweet girl, and so thoughtful and aware of other's emotions. Not to mention an excellent poet. Can you feel the rhythm as you read the poem? Hear the rhyme? She's a prodigy poet!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

A budding poet! I love it! Did you know I wrote my mom lots of poems like this? Mine had lots and lots of misspellings because I didn't EVER ask how to spell anything!

She is so sweet. My boys are sweet, but they would never do anything like that! Just not thoughtful or aware of feelings. How I need a girl . . . YOU ARE SO LUCKY! TWO OF THEM!!!!

Paula Wood said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS LITTLE GIRL SOOOO MUCH AND WISH THAT I COULD COME GIVE HER A LOOOONNNNNGGGGG LOVELY HUG!

THANKS SOOO MUCH FOR SHARING!

Can't wait to see you all!

Love,
Grandma Paula