Saturday, September 06, 2008

Longwood Gardens

Because Longwood Gardens is so beautiful, it gets it's own post on the blog, even though it was part of Beth's visit. Look at it! It is a world class horticultural showpiece. These are just some of my favorite images-only a taste of what we saw.
The Italian Gardens, and Ava in her "garden dress."


Right now, Longwood is featuring three huge treehouses. The kids loved climbing up and down all the stairs. There's Bethany and Ava waving!


I had never been in an official conservatory until Longwood, and I felt like I'd stepped into Clue! Mustard, wrench, conservatory... :o) Anyway this is just one section of the conservatory. All over the gardens I kept thinking, I wish I could go to some formal event with Michael all dressed up with magical sparkling lights everywhere. The conservatory, flower garden, topiary garden, everything was very romantic.

I saved the best for last. The lily garden was the most inspiring thing to me. I don't ever remember seeing something so curious and beautiful up close before. Look at these creatures. They're amazing, and so delicate. Lily is Ava's middle name, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with my intrigue. Lily is also Mike's grandmother's name. A thank you to Beth for letting me use all her images. They turned out so much better than mine!

4 comments:

Matt and Mandy said...

That is BEAUTIFUL! Looks like you guys are having so much fun in your new home! We miss you!

Mark & Bek said...

How beautiful! When we make it out I think you should take us to those gardens, and on a carriage ride. Philadelphia looks romantic. I miss you, all of you

Alexis said...

It looks like you are having fun with all the sight seeing. Where exactly are you at and what is your husband going to school for?

Alecia said...

Wow what an awesome place... that is so pretty. That cheesesteak is HUGE! I hope you ate the whole thing. :)