Thursday, October 01, 2009

Laughs

Wednesday I was trying to rush Ava out the door for Joy School. We needed to stop at the grocery store for a potato on the way. Her class was making veggie soup, and I was too tired by the time Mike got home the night before to do my planned grocery trip post kid-bedtime. Ava had been saying cute things all morning, but I had been so focused on dressing, eating, socks and shoes, that I hadn't given her much attention.

As we are sitting by the door, her shoes in my hands trying to make it to her feet, Ava asks, "Mom, what do I need to say to make you laugh?"

I laughed right away. "Is that what you've been trying to do all morning?"

"Yeah, and you've been bossing me around all day!" She said smiling.

Just a reminder of how sweet our kids are, how attune they are to our moods, how they feel responsible to help us relax amidst the crazy day-to-day stresses. I am so lucky to have my Ava girl!!! She reminds me to live in and enjoy the moment.

Speaking of good laughs, Mike and I were in the kitchen cleaning up the dinner mess. Ava was talking to us; Ezra walks in. "Sweetie, it's time to go on a date!" He says to Ava. Ava stops mid sentence and tromps off with Ez. What a funny couple of kids I have! What a funny boy! Ava sure is training him for one lucky woman!

4 comments:

Becca said...

this is so adorable!! :) thanks for sharing

Kacy said...

What a sweet girl you have!

Jessica and Danny said...

Haha so cute! I love it! Looks like you and Mike are the ones training them both right, if they know they need to be going on dates in the first place!

Paula Wood said...

What a HAPPY POST!!!!
Sounds like you are ALL invested in having a HAPPY FAMILY!!!
...WAY TO GO!!

Love,
Grandma Paula