Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mark has arrived!



Mark, pulling himself out of the scale just after birth. Strong little guy!


On November 23rd Mark arrived. He made it one day early! Mark's birth went perfectly. Every detail went even better than could be planned or hoped for. I wanted my mom to be in town, but also didn't want to be in the hospital when my dad arrived for Thanksgiving a few days later. My mom arrived on Friday, I began labor Sunday evening and delivered Monday morning. I was out of the hospital Wednesday afternoon, home before my dad's evening flight arrived.

I wanted to deliver naturally arriving at the hospital jut in time to give birth. With the help of my mom, Mike and my doula, Lia we stayed at home all through the night. The kids miraculously slept in until 8 (Ezra is our 6:45 alarm clock) just in time to shovel them out the door and get to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at 9:28. Mark arrived at 10:02. It was a calm and peaceful birth.

Most importantly, Mark is a perfectly healthy baby. He is by far our biggest at 7 pounds 9 ounces (Ez was #2 at 6 lbs., 14 oz.), and just keeps gaining. Mark is a sweet little guy who is rarely fussy, loves to cuddle, and smells like vanilla cake. Totally scrumptious. His hair is dark with caramel colored highlights and curls up into soft ringlets when freshly cleaned. Our little piece of heaven!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

congratulations!!! your labor and delivery experience sounds amazingly perfect! i am so happy for you. and that little mark is such a cutie! all that hair is pretty awesome! did ava and ezra have that? i've been wondering about you, so i'm so glad you finally posted about your new little guy and i hope you are all adjusting well to having a new family member. love you and miss you tons! let's chat sometime soon!

Amber said...

So he is perfect, the labor was perfect. Oh, you make me want another one! Congrats on such a healthy, beautiful addition. I love the name, too btw!

Lindsey said...

Congrats! It's so fun to have a new baby. I'm glad all went well.

Joy and Ted said...

You are amazing! I loved hearing about your natural, fast delivery. Thanks for the inspiration. He does look scrumptious! :)

KevandChels said...

wow! i can't believe everything went SO according to plan! you're amazing, and so brave for laboring that long at home! way to go. I have so much respect for people, like you, who have such a vision for things. i feel like i just wing it:) looks like you guys are doing great and we're so glad to hear it. Baby Mark is precious, vanilla cake is the perfect description!

Scott and Marissa said...

congrats! wow he has so much hair!! can't wait to meet him!

Alecia said...

Congrats he is gorgeous! You really went all natural!??? You are my hero! No thanks though.:)Glad everything went well and you guys are adjusting! We miss you guys and love ya!

Melanie said...

He is beautiful! Congratulations on your beautiful boy! His birth sounds a lot like Tommy's. How nice of these boys to cooperate with their mamas!
Also, I love the pictures from Walden pond! Boston is my favorite place!

Baumgartners said...

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that things went well, and that you are all doing fine. Happy Holidays!

Paula Wood said...

These are some of my HAPPIEST MEMORIES EVER!!!!

I feel that it was SUCH a BLESSING for me to be able to be there for such a MIRACLE as the perfect birth of tiny Mark!

Thanks for sharing your lives with me!

Love,
Grandma Paula

PS. I AM SOOOO LONELY FOR YOU ALL!!!