Saturday, July 10, 2010

New Jersey Bites

Literally. We've been here a week now, and have had multiple house guests. See if you recognize any of these guys...
our friend the centipede


the classic daddy long legs spider

I have never seen so much leg in my life. Take me back to my safe second floor house in Boston!!!


a deer tick

We found this guest embedded in Ezra's upper leg. We ran him to urgent care where they gave him a shot, took a razor blade to his leg and then plucked the little guy out. Now he's sipping amoxicillin twice a day to keep him safe from Lyme's.

4 comments:

Mary Pugh said...

That sounds terrible! I am so so sorry. I hope things get better soon!

Vickie said...

Ticks are not my friends.

Paula Wood said...

I am SOOOOO glad that Aunt Shelley was talking to Mommy Christina about ticks and Lyme's disease so recently that you all were being SOOOO careful.

SO SORRY EZRA, but SO glad that that tick is not LIVING IN YOU!!!!

Love,
Grandma Paula

PS. Can't WAIT until I GET TO BE A GUEST WITH YOU AGAIN!

Shelley said...

Poor little Ez! He is so cute! I can't believe they had to razorblade it out!