Wednesday, September 29, 2010

This Week's Funnies

Ezra has been having a hard time with cleaning up. We have tried everything from no dessert, to being put in his carseat while we finished cleaning at a friend's house to no stories at bedtime (a consequence I will never repeat because it's my favorite time of the day). We have been trying to get creative.

The other day I told him if he didn't help, there would be no snacks until dinner. He'd just have to wait. Dinner was an hour, maybe an hour and fifteen minutes away. I took him out for a walk in the stroller on a few errands in the neighborhood, thinking it would be good to keep this tired, hungry boy out of everyone's space or he just might hit something. It worked, he behaved, but when I reached into my purse to grab my wallet, he spotted a sandwich. YUM! He quickly grabbed for it, forgetting his consequence.

"No buddy, you're going to have to wait until dinner," I reminded him.

His eyes immediately filled up with genuine tears and he said, "You're going to let me die?"

Poor little guy! I assured him he wasn't going to die, but he still didn't get the sandwich!

Ava just spoke in sacrament meeting for the primary program. She was so proud to stand up there and not need help with her lines. Everyone could tell the words were her own, not edited by mom, and when she was done there was a big giggle from the congregation. At the end she asked me if she'd done a good job. "Then why did everyone laugh at me and no one else?" She asked. I assured her it was because she was so cute.

Mark is walking, yup, walking. And clapping. And kissing. When did this sweet angel baby get so big? Mike can make him giggle and laugh like there's no tomorrow. He loves chasing around balls and yaps and yaps and laughs at them. Too cute.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

SOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!

Paula Wood said...

HOW DID YOU BEAR IT WHEN EZRA TEARED UP!?!?!?!

The counselor part of me says "GOOD JOB!"

The grandma part of me says "If I had been there.....!!!!"

Perhaps its a good thing I WASN'T THERE!!!!