Saturday, February 21, 2009

Snow Days


We've gotten lots of snow this year. My frugal husband has decided that we're only living here for two winters, so why would we need a snow shovel? (Please remember we've just moved from Utah where he said the same thing.) Just wanted to let you take a look at what he's decided to shovel with- a dustpan. Our driveway is really long, and the next day Mike was really confused as to why his back was paralyzed with pain. Hhmmmm... Any ideas??? :o) I'm just glad he shoveled. Maybe next snow fall he'll change his mind.




Ezra doesn't really like playing in the snow, but Ava's a real trooper. Look how wet she is. She rolled the snowman head all by herself. It's all great fun to her. Ezra isn't interested in building snowman, rather...

Eating them. Oooops! I tried to stop him, but was laughing so hard at him sucking on the snow it was too late before he accidentally pushed it down. Ezra, Ava and I had a great time playing in the snow that night. While we were all sleeping the snow melted and soaked into the ground. When we woke up, there wasn't a patch of snow anywhere except our snowman standing on our back porch. We rebuilt the one Ez knocked over.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I admire Mike's frugality -- so funny! Ben has also avoided buying a shovel these 5 winters of married life. He has taken to stealing from the neighbors when they're not looking!
I love the haircut and the curtains. Lookin' good, Wood!

Paula Wood said...

SOOOO glad that you had the FUN in the snow before it melted!!! I guess you probably have had other "chances" to play in that white, cold, stuff, but....

I LOVED EZ's ENTHUSIASM!!!!

Grandma Paula