
The kids can not wait to get their hands on this man when he comes to our house...quite literally. Poor Grandpa had to endure quite a lot of punches from Ez as we tried to explain to him that there are other, more appropriate ways to share your excitement with someone besides an all-out physical spasm with arms and legs flying every which way. It is fun to have a body, we've just got to learn to use it appropriately.
Notice Polar Bear sitting in the window sill. Polar is Ezra's favorite friend given to him by Grandma Duck. This bear gets so much Ezra love it makes me jealous. He is an important part of our family, and Ezra takes really good care of him.

Grammy and Gramps got to see a lot of sights in Philly, a city we love. A new place I would like to see and learn more of is Elfreth's Alley (below) the oldest consistently residential street in the country. Is that the right way to say it? It's adorable. I hear it's open for tours at a certain time of year, but I have yet to figure it out.

Mark was playing Peek-a-Boo near the Liberty Bell. A handful to keep track of, but so sweet and happy to be running. He has the funniest arms-up, elbows-out, waddle-run ever. I'll have to post a video soon.

We had a chance to visit Washington's Crossing, a spot I hadn't really explored well until then. There is the Ferry man's house there to tour and they have a little garden out back, typical of a kitchen garden for that time period. It was so peaceful and lovely, it made me excited to have my own garden someday. Since then I have spend at least four hours a week weeding my own yard, and still am always behind. That garden may just have to wait until I can count on little hands to help me more consistently. I am trying to teach Ezra to count to 100 as he pulls weeds, so I am getting a little help here and there. You can only expect so much of four and five year-olds.


The river at the site of the crossing. We watched a video on the Crossing and the important effect it had on the outcome of the entire war. Very impressed with the turn of events and it's outcome. Very impressed with the sacrifices those men were willing to make for their budding country. Very impressed with Washington's intuition and leadership. We are so lucky to live in America. May God bless our country today as it did in the founding days.

Grammy and Gramps, we love you. Come see us again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment