Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Our First Annual Sister's Retreat

Mike needed some GMAT studying time, so late July the girls and I decided to take a trip to Granpa and Grandma's house at Tahoe, our home away from home and favorite spot on earth. These pics show some of G & G's beautiful home and our favorite inside activities:
reading (Bekah introduces Ava to Harry Potter)


kissing babies (by the way there are 2 more on the way- Jamie is expecting a girl early January, and Bekah is due mid-February)
and Ava and Ellie's favorite activity, horsey rides.

Although I don't have pictures of everyone, Jamie, Ellie, Bekah, Jess, and of course me and my two kids were all able to make it.

We had a rough start the first night, with Ezra scooting himself 12 feet from where I placed him sleeping on the ground to a comfy spot under Ava's pack and play. He quickly started screaming (I would too), which woke up and frightened Ava. Ezra ended up sleeping in one of Grandpa and Grandma's empty drawers, and Ava slept with me the first night, and fell out of bed.

Despite the bumpy beginnings we had a great time, and are considering inviting the boys to the sister's retreat next year (to take care of kids!).

2 comments:

Jenn said...

So fun! Looks like a beautiful place -- perfect for a sisters retreat. What a good idea (and it would be nice to have the boys there to watch the kids too!). I really need to see that Ezra kid. I'm going to email you and figure something out soon! Love ya!

Jessica and Danny said...

I definitely agree with the boy idea for next time! Especially in case we get a sad little sicky again!