I shamefully admit that the birthday party-in-a-car wasn't quite the hit I was hoping for. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that it was right at Ezra's nap time that we finally hit the road. Or maybe, that we were moving that day and I couldn't seem to locate the extra streamers and balloons. Or that I left the gift that she had picked out all wrapped up along with the cupcakes in the old house (welcome home to the new tenants!). Or that because the car was in the shop for the two days before hand we had only word games planned, and that's a lot of talking and thinking for a barely five-year-old and way beyond a three-year-old's attention span. What was I thinking a birthday party in the car? Who could really pull that off on moving day anyway, right? :o)
Not everything went horribly though. We did get chicken nuggets for lunch, she did have people call to sing to her (her favorite thing about birthdays), and I did remember to paint "Honk! Ava's 5 today" on the outside of the car. For days she thought all honking was for her.
Even better than that though, was our new New Jersey friend's offer to throw her a playdough and pool party in her backyard. Ava loves nothing more than swimming and we had a great time.
Hope you enjoy the slide show.



3 comments:
looks like such a fun little birthday party! we missed you so much at the beach, it was not the same without you! i miss you and your kids way too much, and i hope all is well! love you!
THESE PICTURES MADE ME CRY...AGAIN!!!
I am SOOO glad that Ava had TWO birthday parties! I can't BELIEVE that you even TRIED to do the "birthday party in the car" idea with all the other things you had going on that week/day/month!!!
These pictures of the swim party are ADORABLE!
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE email me the pictures of you and Ava and the one of Ava and Ezra in black and white.
Love,
Grandma Paula
Love the adorable pictures!! And love you!!
Post a Comment