What do you do to keep your kids entertained while waiting for the Dr.? Glad I had the camera this time around.
I made a visit for myself last week (the first one besides for OB/GYN visits in a veeeery long time) and brought all three kids along. It was a riot. Luckily we were the only patients in the office. Mark had a hard time letting the nurse touch me, listen to my heartbeat, etc. He did not like what they were doing to his mamma.
During my eye exam I covered an eye with one arm while the other was wrapped around Mark who thought it would be fun to use my as a jungle gym and try a few backflips. He was hanging upside down when a nurse offered to follow him around the office while I finished my test.
The doctor recommended some bloodwork-you know the usual, nothing scary going on here. They decided to take me into the lab and have the nurses watch the three kids so Mark didn't have a hard time with the needle. When I walked back into the room, Mark was on Ava's lap (a funny sight, for the size difference is not much). She was trying to bounce him and read to him from a book the nurse was standing in front of her holding. Mark, of course, was crying.
As we walked out my Dr. recommended seeing an GYN for the annual pap. "You know," she said, "You really can't bring your children there." I had a good chuckle. I am very familiar with what happens during that procedure, and although I do not plan on bringing children to that one, let me just say, it wouldn't be my first time.
3 comments:
Haha what an incredible adventure going to the doctor can become with children!
Ha! So glad to hear that you attempt this too. I took Henry on EVERY dr's appointment I went to for at least the first 3 1/2 years of his life. Sounds tricky to take 3 of them to one of your appointments! I wish your kiddos could just come to my house for that upcoming pap :)
AMEN to the last line. ;)
Post a Comment