1) The People- Such a friendly church group. We were welcomed with big wide arms and even though we've only been here on month today, I feel like I've been here at least three because I feel like I know people, my kids have friends, we've been having so much fun hanging out. It's been great. The neighbors have been awesome too. We've been lent fans and driveways for bike riding and are always greeted with a smile when out and about.
2) The land and neighborhoods- It's so beautiful! Lush, green land covered in trees and farms and lovely river runs. It's beautiful. I can only imagine in the fall. I actually like running because it's pretty, and I've found a fun running pal in Nancy. We also have deer, wild turkey, and an endangered species of black squirrel indiginous to our area and tramping through our yard.
3) The campus-The buildings are intricately designed. medieval style. Love them. Also there is a fountain that you can "dip your toes in." Sadly we bent the rules a little when we went dipping because there was another family with three kids swimming. It's about mid-thigh level on Ava and she had lots of fun.
5) Halo Ice Cream-A great find for the Sorensen ice cream addicts. A farm out here produces home made ice cream in all flavors. Some of the best ever. Mike even says their Peanut Butter beats Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup. Wow!
6) Proximity to Philly- We've been down twice to see our good friends, the Vance's. We've met up at fun places like the Philly Zoo and Please Touch Museum.
7) Kid Friendliness- Whether it's Terhune Orchards with the Goats, tractors and horses, fruit picking and baked goods, or the free airport tour on Tuesdays, Princeton is a great place for kids to explore. There is even a weekly email distributed with all the events for the week. Mike's taken Ava to a children's theater, I've taken kids to library activities and Farmer's Markets all thanks to Princeton Kids. Makes my job much easier. We try to have two activities a day out of the house, and it's easy here.
8) Great Garage Sales- I am sorry. I have been totally addicted to these after being introduced to them by my adventurous mother in law. My top finds so far this summer have been endless amounts of clothes for Ava running at fifty to eighty cents a piece (she's set), a crepe maker which I lovingly refer to as my crepe wand (I am a crepe fairy) for fifty cents (I KNOW!), and an excavator bike complete with digging shovel for Ez for $2. I'm hoping I can somehow squeeze it into my car and get it home. It's amazing.
5 comments:
Wow!! Sounds amazing! Wish I could come out and visit, again :) Miss you and the kids!
You guys have been quite the adventurers! Princeton sounds lovely minus the bugs, of course!
Glad to hear you are doing well.
Okay, you might have me sold. Wish I could see it in person before you come back to Boston. We really need to figure out how to get Ben a job either at Princeton or Wharton if you guys end up there. I think Princeton doesn't have a business school though . . . We'll see! Sounds like a great place to live, and I'm very happy about the crepe maker :)
shoot christina, the last thing i wanted to do was make you sad!! that makes me sad those beach pics made you sad. :( we really missed your sweet family.
anyway, on a happier note, you are living an amazing life right now, and you are one incredibly devoted and energetic mother/wife! i love reading about what you are doing, where you are going, what new and amazing experiences your kids are having...it's so fun and i'm so happy for your exciting adventures.
WOW! You have certainly packed a LOT INTO THOSE WEEKS YOU HAVE BEEN IN PRINCETON!!!
WAY TO GO!
I am SOOO excited to see where you will "settle" so I can come exploring with you and the kids!
Meanwhile, you are certainly making the most of each day checking it all out!
You are an inspiration!
LOVE,
MOM
Love,
MOM
Post a Comment